25 Teka-teki Populer dalam Bahasa Inggris (English Riddle)
Siapa yang tidak suka teka-teki? Menebak teka-teki bisa jadi ice breaker saat sedang berkumpul dengan teman-teman.
Bukan hanya itu, teka-teki adalah hal universal yang disukai orang dari segala usia, mulai dari anak-anak hingga orang dewasa.
Selain menggelitik sisi humor, teka-teki atau riddles juga mengasah kecerdasan. Langsung saja yuk kita simak 25 contoh teka-teki menarik dalam bahasa Inggris ini!
1. What 8 letter word can have a letter taken away and it still makes a word? Take another letter away and it still makes a word. Keep on doing that until you have one letter left. What is the word?
Answer: The word is starting! Starting, staring, string, sting, sing, sin, in, I. Cool, right?
2. The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I?
3. What has a head, a tail, is brown, and has no legs?
Answer: A penny.
4. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?
Answer: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow.
5. What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?
Answer: The letter “m”.
6. David’s father has three sons: Snap, Crackle, and ____?
7. A doctor and a bus driver are both in love with the same woman, an attractive girl named Sarah. The bus driver had to go on a long bustrip that would last a week. Before he left, he gave Sarah seven apples. Why?
Answer: An apple a day keeps the doctor away!
8. What room do ghosts avoid?
Answer: The living room.
9. When does Christmas come before Thanksgiving?
Answer: In the dictionary.
10. A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, “If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if I cannot, I will pay you $50.” The boy looked around and saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the carny writes he’ll just say he weighs more or less. In the end the boy ended up paying the man $50. How did the man win the bet?
Answer: The man did exactly as he said he would and wrote “your exact weight” on the paper.
11. What is more useful when it is broken?
Answer: An egg.
12. Samuel was out for a walk when it started to rain. He did not have an umbrella and he wasn’t wearing a hat. His clothes were soaked, yet not a single hair on his head got wet. How could this happen?
Answer: The man is bald!
13. They have not flesh, nor feathers, nor scales, nor bone. Yet they have fingers and thumbs of their own. What are they?
14. What has six faces, but doesn’t wear makeup. It also has twenty-one eyes, but cannot see?
Answer: A dice.
15. Two fathers and two sons went fishing one day. They were there the whole day and only caught 3 fish. One father said, that is enough for all of us, we will have one each. How can this be possible?
Answer: There was the father, his son, and his son’s son. This equals 2 fathers and 2 sons for a total of 3!
16. Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain on Earth?
Answer: Mount Everest.
17. How do you spell candy in 2 letters?
Answer: c and y (candy)
18. You live in a one story house made “entirely of redwood”. What color would the stairs be?
Answer: What stairs? You live in a one story house.
19. Mr. and Mrs. Mustard have six daughters, and each daughter has one brother. How many people are in the Mustard family?
Answer: There are nine Mustards in the family. Since each daughter shares the same brother, there are six girls, one boy and Mr. and Mrs. Mustard.
20. What has many keys, but can’t even open a single door?
Answer: A piano.
21. A man rode out of town on Sunday, he stayed a whole night at a hotel and rode back to town the next day on Sunday. How is this possible?
Answer: His Horse was called Sunday!
22. What belongs to you, but other people use it more than you?
Answer: Your name.
23. Can you guess what I am? Tall I am young. Short I am old. While with life I glow, wind is my foe. What am I?
Answer: A candle.
24. At time when they are green, a time when they’re brown, but both of these times, cause me to frown. But just in between, for a very short while, they are perfect and yellow and cause me to smile! What am I talking about here?
25. Five apples are in a basket. How do you divide them among five girls so that each girl gets an apple, but one apple remains in the basket?
Answer: Give the fifth girl her apple in the basket.
Masih ada banyak teka-teki yang menarik dan sulit ditebak jawabannya dalam bahasa Inggris! Bagaimana dengan kamu, yang mana merupakan teka-teki favoritmu? Bisakah kamu menebak semua teka-teki di atas dengan benar?