Contoh Surat Perjanjian Jual Beli Barang dalam Bahasa Inggris
Surat jual beli barang adalah dokumen tertulis di antara pembeli dan penjual barang. Dalam konteks ini, barang artinya adalah sesuatu yang mudah dipindahkan atau digerakkan yang bisa kita pakai atau konsumsi, seperti pakaian, buku, mainan, furnitur, mobil, jam tangan, dan sebagainya. Surat jual beli barang dalam bahasa Inggris disebut dengan Sales Agreement atau Sale of Goods Agreement.
Salah satu fungsi Sales Agreement adalah untuk membantu menyelesaikan perselisihan yang mungkin akan terjadi di masa depan terkait dengan jual belinya. Oleh karena itu, Sales Agreement harus ditulis sedetail mungkin.
Di bawah ini adalah contoh surat jual beli barang dalam bahasa Inggris:
This Sales Agreement (this “Agreement”) is entered into as of the 6 day of January, 2022, by and between John Smith located at 22B Tiger Street, X City (“Seller”) and Mariah Harris located at 56 Rose Avenue, Z City (“Buyer”). Each Seller and Buyer may be referred to in this Agreement individually as a “Party” and collectively as the “Parties”.
- Sale of Goods. Seller agrees to sell, and Buyer agrees to purchase the following items in the following quantities and at the prices (the “Goods”):
Description of Goods
|Quantity||Price Per Unit|
ABC Smart Refrigerator
ABC Smart Microwave
- Purchase Price. Buyer will pay to seller for the Goods and for all obligations specified in this Agreement, if any, as the full and complete purchase price, the sum of $3,500. Unless otherwise stated, buyer shall be responsible for all taxes in connection with the purchase of Goods in this Agreement.
- Payment for the Goods will be by credit card, according to the following schedule: $3,500 upon Buyer’s acceptance of the Goods.
- Seller shall ship the Goods to Buyer on or before January 20, 2022 to the following address: 56 Rose Avenue, Z City. Buyer will pay for any shipping costs. It shall constitute an acceptance of delivery of the Goods once Buyer has received the Goods at the specified location.
- Risk of Loss. Title to and risk of loss of the Goods shall pass to Buyer upon delivery of the Goods to buyer in accordance with this Agreement.
- Right of Inspection. Buyer shall be allowed to examine the Goods once received and shall do so within 3 days after the receipt of the Goods. In the event that Buyer discovers any damages, shortages, or other nonconformance of the Goods, Buyer shall notify Seller within 7 days after receipt of the Goods, specifying the bases for its claim. Failure to notify Seller by such date shall constitute an acceptance of delivery of the Goods as is, in the event the Goods are non-conforming, Buyer may return the Goods for replacement at Seller’s expense. The above shall be the sole remedy of Buyer and only obligation of Seller with respect to any non-conforming Goods.
- Seller gives a month warranty from the date of delivery that the Goods are in good condition and shall be free from substantive defects. The warranty does not apply to any Goods that are damage due to the misuse, abuse, or negligence of any party other than Seller.
- Security Interest. Buyer hereby grants to Seller a security interest in the Goods, until Buyer has paid Seller in full for the Goods. Buyer shall sign and deliver to Seller any document needed to perfect the security interest in the Goods that Seller reasonably requests.
- Seller Representation and Warranties. Seller warrants that the Goods are free, and at the time of delivery will be free from any security interest or other lien or encumbrance. Seller warrants that there are not outstanding titles or claims of title hostile to the rights of Seller in the Goods.
- Force Majeure. Seller shall not be responsible for any claims or damages resulting from any delays in performance or for non-performance due to unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond Seller’s reasonable control.
- Limitation of Liability. Seller will not be liable for any indirect, special, consequential, or punitive damages arising out of or relating to this Agreement.
- Either Party does not need permission to assign its right to a third party.
- No amendment to this Agreement will be effective unless it is in writing and signed by both Parties.
- Governing Law. The terms of this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of X Country.
- Any dispute arising from this Agreement shall be resolved through mediation.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement contains the entire understanding between the Parties and supersedes and cancels all prior agreements of the Parties, whether oral or written, with respect to such subject matter.
- Any notice given or made to any Party under this Agreement shall be in writing and delivered by hand, sent by overnight courier service or sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, to the address stated above or to another address as that Party may subsequently designate by notice and shall be deemed given on the date of delivery.
- No Party shall be deemed to have waived any provision of this Agreement or the exercise of any rights held under this Agreement unless such waiver is made expressly and in writing. Waiver by any Party of a breech or violation of any provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of any other subsequent breach or violation.
In witness whereof, the Parties have executed this Agreement as of the date first written above.